E3 2013 is now over. Pre-orders were made, money was spent and discussions were had. It was only a few days ago but at the same time it feels like several weeks have gone by.
I pre-ordered my PlayStation 4 at Amazon.ca and paid only a small fraction of the price out of pocket. My brother traded in his PlayStation 3 160GB Slim, a couple of controllers and a few games and paid less than $200 out of pocket. With games pre-ordered via FutureShop and consoles coming, we’re ready for the next generation.
In the meantime, let’s review some of my predictions from last week.
- Price drop for the Wii U - It didn’t happen but at least they have compelling software lined up for it.
- PlayStation 4 Pricing – I thought they were going to announce multiple SKUs but there was only one and it was $399.
- Xbox One Pricing – Again, I foresaw a dual SKU approach and again I was wrong. There was only one SKU and it was on the higher end of my prediction.
- PlayStation Network Services – I was wrong about the multiplayer remaining free as well.
- Xbox Live! Services - I was right but this was a weak prediction.
1/5. What a terrible record. It’s a good thing I don’t do this for a living.