- XCOM: Enemy Unknown debuts October 9th, 2012
- Devil May Cry reboot arrives January 13rd, 2013
- Tomb Raider reboot shifts to Q1 2013
- Aliens: Colonial Marines bumped to February 13th, 2013
- BioShock: Infinite delayed until February 26th, 2013
- XCOM shooter not arriving until April 1st, 2013 at the earliest
Somebody must have soiled the 2012 pool because it looks like everyone moved their release dates until 2013. What’s left in store for 2012 then? You can bet the farm that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and the sequel to the Medal of Honor reboot will make their date. So will Halo 4 and perhaps Far Cry 3. And what else? I honestly can’t think of any other titles at the moment. I guess if you like shooters, you’re set for the end of the year.
Am I worried about the lack of new and different hotness in the autumn? Nope. I’m sure E3 will remind us all that there are worthwhile games to get excited about. Besides, I have a sizeable backlog to get through. I also hear that Diablo III can be played forever.