The number of delays announced over the past few weeks. So much so that it feels like developers and publishers are moving Christmas 2009 into 2010.
Are retailers asking for less this holiday season? That’s what one podcast was speculating. Or perhaps everyone is afraid of Halo 3: ODST and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Whatever the case may be, holiday 2009 has slimmed down considerably, but that doesn’t mean there’s a shortage of quality titles to look for.
Here’s a little list I whipped up which hopefully clarifies the current holiday 2009 picture a little better.
- Red Dead Redemption (PS3, 360)
- Mafia II (PC, PS3, 360)
- Max Payne III (PS3, 360)
- BioShock 2 (PC, PS3, 360)
- Heavy Rain (PS3)
- Splinter Cell: Conviction (PC, 360)
- I Am Alive (PC, PS3, 360)
- Red Steel 2 (Wii)
- Ghost Recon 4 (PC, PS3, 360)
- Dark Void (PC, PS3, 360)
- Singularity (PC, PS3, 360)
What a list! So what’s left?
Holiday 2009 games to watch:
- Assassin’s Creed 2 (PC, PS3, 360) – November 17, 2009
- Borderlands (PC, PS3, 360) – October 20, 2009
- Demon’s Souls (PS3) – October 6, 2009
- Forza Motorsport 3 (360) – October 27, 2009
- Halo 3: ODST (360) – Q3 2009
- Modern Warfare 2 (PC, PS3, 360) – November 10, 2009
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii – Q4 2009
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3) – Q4 2009
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) – October 13, 2009
That’s a healthy list isn’t? I’m sure I’m missing some, but just look at all those titles. Imagine if those two lists merged into one; that’s way too many games in one season. I’m glad many of them moved into 2010, but that won’t ease the wallet pains when you look at the already crowded 2010 calendar.
I’ve got another week off. I will finally publish the revised “Exclusives Watch 2009″ page. I think it looks great.
Call of Duty 4 is still a lot of fun, but not when there are people flying around. Are these people taking advantage of their hacked abilities? No. They’re usually terrible. What is distracting is that they appear on the UAV radar. You can’t interact with them while they’re in this “no clip” mode, but the UAV still picks them up. So you never know if it’s a legitmate player behind you or not. Infinity Ward is looking into it, so we only need to wait.
I hope this shit doesn’t make its way to Modern Warfare 2.