Other changes in the upcoming firmware include:
- “Resume play” will enable PS3 system to start playing a Blu-ray disc and DVD at the point it was stopped, even if the disc had been removed.
- “Audio Output Device” will be a new Remote Play setting, enabling PSP to serve as a remote control for music played through PS3.
- PS3 system’s Internet browser will be enhanced: Video files directly linked from a Web page will be able to be streamed, and the browser’s view speed will be improved.
- DivX and WMV format videos that are larger than 2GB will be playable.
- “Mosquito Noise Reduction” will be added as an AV setting in the control panel of the DVD/BD player for improved movie playback.
I’m very pleased by this upcoming firmware. The improved DivX and Internet browser update are most welcome.
It’s just too bad that Sony can’t patch their way out of the latest BD+ cracking.